Sunday, May 17, 2015

Pong: My first game.


Here we are with my first completed game, a Pong clone. Through the use of tutorials and online guides, I was able to recreate almost every aspect of Pong, but tutorials can only take you so far. It took some tinkering and figuring out with Unity to get this final product and I was entirely worth it as it is a great learning experience.

Here is a video preview of my game.


It has almost everything the /r/GameDev recommends:

  • Two Paddles, one AI controlled and one player.
    • In my case, both can be controlled or one AI controlled.
  • Collision to keep everything in the field.
  • A ball that is able to collide and score appropriately.
  • You can win/lose at 10.
  • Comes with a menu for your game mode.
  • An exit button to get back to the menu.
  • Keeps track of the score.
  • Restarts the ball after someone scores.
  • Plays sounds.


If you feel so inclined as to download the game, I'll leave a link at the bottom. If you'd like to see the tutorials I used, I'll link those down at the bottom as well. The next game /r/GameDev recommends "should be as big as Super Mario Brothers." Having not seriously sitting down and playing these games, I will probably need to get some research done before this production can begin.

Download: Link

Helpful Links: http://unity.grogansoft.com/

http://www.awesomeincu.com/tutorials/unity-pong/

http://noobtuts.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Starting Fall 2016

I slightly over-estimated how much work I could get done over the summer while balancing my personal obligations. I started summer with the ...