Sunday, March 20, 2016

Spring Break 2016

Here we are, finally made it to spring break. Long awaited but too short as always. Only the first two days into it and I've made progress on my map. As you saw previously, I wanted to start by building my own little street block but then have it move into a court yard area. I originally started with a court yard inspired by the iconic one in City 17, but I decided it was too small and generic. As I have always planned to include HL2 beta content, I decided to base the court yard off of a mix of C17 and E3_Terminal, a leaked HL2 beta map from 2003. It's much larger and has more of a grand train station. Obviously I can't just copy and paste all this stuff into my map, so I'm making progress one building at a time.

I don't want to do a wide shot of the courtyard until it's finished, but here are some of the buildings I've added to it.







Last is the train station I'm working on, with citadel and all.



So progress is slow but I'm really enjoying the time I'm putting into it. The skybox is being really finicky and sometimes just doesn't show the citadel at all, so I'll have to work on that.

Other than that, there you have it. Actual progress. I plan to get much more done over my break as far as completing the layout of the city and it's buildings. Then comes lighting, NPCs, decoration, additional content, scripted sequences, and some sort of narrative.

I actually told some IRL friends about this blog. So if you are here for whatever reason, Hi there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Starting Fall 2016

I slightly over-estimated how much work I could get done over the summer while balancing my personal obligations. I started summer with the ...