Sunday, February 21, 2016

Well here we are again.

I'll sum this up by saying: being an Engineering student is very stressful. This last week was just as stressful as my last few. I want to say this next week will be better for me, but who knows. I suppose I should write something here regarding my thoughts.

I chose Java as a language to learn because it's what I'm currently being taught as part of my classes, which might actually change soon so I'm putting that on hold. Talk about dedication right? Basically, the University teaches C++ (which I'd much rather learn) and the community college I'm using to transfer to university teaches Java for the soul reason of we have a old teacher and that's all she knows. Talking to University advisers, they basically said I'm going to be screwed when I get to higher level university classes without knowing C++, but.... It's not recommended I retake a class at the university instead of the community college that way I can learn C++....

So where does that put me. Well I can continue down the Java series and just deal with it when I get to University or I can retake a class as an online university class. The downside to that is I'm already under such a heavy load that isn't advised. I guess it all comes down to how well I do in my classes and what I end up taking next term.

Where does that leave me as far as game development? Well, focusing on my school as usual. But I'll still work on refreshing my Java and on my Source Mod. I want to take a video of some of the small things I was able to accomplish with the mod. Just to give me something to look back on whenever I feel a lack of motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Starting Fall 2016

I slightly over-estimated how much work I could get done over the summer while balancing my personal obligations. I started summer with the ...